Posts in category podcast
Professional Development: http://www.maths.net.au/ais/pd
AAMT-MERGA 2011 Conference Notes: http://www.netvibes.com/aamtinc
Vimeo Link (Margaret Bigelow): http://vimeo.com/26034708
Website: Engagers: Sneak Peak http://www.maths.net.au/engagers
After a somewhat lengthy process of approval by apple, the maths.net.au podcast is now available on itunes. Click here to subscribe: http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/id442056388
Curiously, I also submitted podcasts for another organisation 2 days after this one, yet they were approved 2 days before this one? Maybe they were too busy with WWDC
- The SMH reported on NAPLAN-Style testing in the US saying it had ‘failed’ schools [tweet]. @age_edu questioned whether NAPLAN actually tested numeracy (I think it actually tests maths) [tweet]. @aamtinc
tweeted the SMH article proposing NAPLAN to go online and The Age article on NAPLAN [tweet]. The SMH also wrote an article about schools ‘parenting’ students.
- Julia Gillard announces teacher bonus pay [tweet]. This idea was slammed by SMH [tweet, tweet] and the NSW Teachers Federation [tweet] who later wrote an article.
- The President of the US says that you need algebra! [tweet]
- Should we be using twitter to engage students in lessons? http://t.co/oxSCZSS
tweeted We’re not wasting our students time by giving them extra homework in Maths
- Math Teacher Mambo had a great worksheet on using wolframalpha in class
- New links included: Links Category to Maths Applets
- New Web tools: Google Cloud Connect
- NSW Board of Studies has published new assessment guidelines for Stage 6 Mathematics Courses. [Official Notice] Gen Maths and Calculus courses.
What I’ve been up to this month:
I have put together a page which lists all the PD sessions for Maths in the Sydney region, and also interstate and international conferences.
The Month Ahead
Check out which PD sessions you should sign up for. I’ll be adding my PLN to maths.net.au, including who I follow on Twitter, which blogs I regularly check (via Google Reader) and which podcasts I listen to.